An Approach to Mitigate Risks and Improve Commercial Strategy – By Monitoring Patents During Prosecution and Litigation – Webinar
An Approach to Mitigate Risks and Improve Commercial Strategy – By Monitoring Patents During Prosecution and Litigation. Several patent applications are filed globally every year in a particular technical domain and therefore to minimize risks, a strategy involving monitoring patents at different stages of its prosecution is critical.
Legal Status Monitoring Helps In
- Keeping a track of status of self and others’ Patent applications and Patents
- Being updated about the upcoming opportunities and potential threats from the filed patents.
- Tracking and filing against the Patent or Patent applications that might be infringed and are filed in the area of interest.
- Keeping track of prosecution events for the patents in own portfolio.
- Identifying abandoned and expired Patents and strategize its use in future.
- Tracking expired and abandoned patents that enables to pinpoint inventions that are soon to be available in the public domain and are safe to use.
- Monitoring the current status of prosecution for newly published patent applications as well as any post-grant events for issued patents, such as a request for continued examination (RCE), a post-grant review (PGR), or maintenance status.
Litigation Patent monitoring provides update regarding litigation of a company’s or competitors’ patents from PTAB, RPX or other courts.
Key-points Covered in this Webinar
- Different aspects of legal status & litigation monitoring and how to use the information obtained through monitoring.
- How does the legal status monitoring help in risk mitigation, in tracking IP, commercialization, and building IP.
- How can expired/ abandoned patents be tracked and utilize freely available technology in building up their own IP.
- Case Studies on How Sagacious IP helped its Clients in monitoring legal status for effective strategic decisions.
Ram Tenneti, EVP, Sagacious IP
Key-note Speaker: Pooja Chhikara, Assistant Manager LSC, Sagacious IP