Managing Patent Preparation and Prosecution Costs by Adopting a Priority-based Model
Topic: Managing Patent Preparation and Prosecution Costs by Adopting a Priority-based Model. Due to the current global situation, companies are under extreme economic pressure and need to reduce their patent portfolio preparation and prosecution costs. Hence, for that, the companies may be forced to reduce patent filings which may negatively impact the future competitive edge of their products.
Hence, our unique model can facilitate/enable the companies to identify the priority of each of the invention/patent. Moreover, it will help them take strategic decisions to reduce/manage patent preparation and prosecution cost. Register Here
Key-Points Covered in the Webinar(Managing Patent Preparation and Prosecution Costs by Adopting a Priority-based Model):
• Firstly, identifying priority of an invention based on business impact and degree of novelty
- High Priority
- Mid Priority
- Low Priority
• Further, selecting separate strategies for different priority of patents:
o Choosing patent preparation and prosecution partner based on priority of application, for example:
1. Either, selecting a US or EP based law firm for preparing and prosecuting high priority application;
2. Or, working with a strategic partner for Mid and low priority application.
• Also, learn about explaining the Cost Advantage.
• Lastly, learn how to choose the Strategic partner keeping in mind the new model.
Ben Pezzlo, US Patent Attorney & Director at Search-Center LLC
Pankaj Garg, Senior Manager – Engineering Patent Drafting & Prosecution, Sagacious Research
Anant Kataria, CEO, Sagacious Research