Key-points covered in the webinar (Performing Prior-Art Search in Pharmaceutical Domain – A Structured Approach ) session:
- Differences in performing different type of prior-art searches in Pharmaceutical Domain
- Considerations for performing prior-art search in Pharmaceutical Domains (Structure Search + Keyword Based Searching)
- Considerations for analysing patents
Pooja Chhikara, Project Manager LSC, Sagacious IP
Harsha Agarwal , Project Manager LSC, Sagacious IP
Ram Tenetti, EVP, Sagacious IP,
Submit Your Information to watch the Webinar:
More details about this webinar:
Prior-Art Searching in Pharmaceutical domains involve challenges, such as:
- Searching through the references disclosing the compound by its IUPAC Name, common names, salts of the compound of interest, compound’s exact structure, compound’s Markush Structure.
- The compound might be considered in its crystalline or enantiomeric forms.
- The role of inactive agents in the composition.
- Whether the formulation or the composition needs to be searched.
- Whether the route of administration/ or use is important for searching.
- A single Markush structure can evolve into millions of similar compounds; and therefore, the above pointers make searching in these domains more complicated and needs a structured approach.