Guide on Filing Trademark Application in India
When you are starting a new business – a logo, name or a signature is probably the first thing you choose to separate yourself from the rest. The symbol you choose for that matter is known as a trademark that needs to be registered as part of the legal process under the Trademarks Act.
Registering your mark protects your trademark rights and prevents others from copying your mark or misrepresenting other products with your mark. Trademark also helps with brand recognition and brand value. For greater understanding and transparency, Sagacious IP has complied a guide on filing trademark application in India. This guide attempts to explain the practice as well as the procedure of the Trademark registry in India.
Given below is a visual from our guide showing the steps involved in registering a trademark in India.
Our guide answers the following questions:
- What are Trademarks?
- How to select a good Trademark?
- When should one consider filing a Trademark?
- What are the steps involved in getting a Trademark registration?
- How do you respond to objections raised by the Trademark Office?
- How to oppose a Trademark?
- What are the costs involved in applying for a Trademark registration?
- Is Trademark registration valid throughout the world?
The guide also covers the following topics:
- Classification of Goods and Services.
- Time taken by the Trademark Office to examine a Trademark application.
- The total time taken to get a Trademark registered.
- Validity of a registered Trademark and renewal.
- Changing the ownership of a Trademark.
- Stopping others from using your Trademark.
- International Trademark application under Madrid protocol.
- Advantages of filing an International Application under Madrid protocol.
Download our guide to know more.